Do you think that spine injuries are the only possible causes of your immobility? There can be plenty of other factors that let you sit on a bed or chair for days and even weeks. The neck pain causes such causes that can generate pain from your skull region to the upper torso. There are hundreds of muscles in your neck area supporting the body movement and maintaining balance. But once damaged, these tendons and ligaments can generate pain scarier than a nightmare. Have you ever wondered what can be the reason for your neck pain? The most straightforward answer to this question is the wrong posture, injuries, and sitting in an inappropriate position for hours. Thus, the best office chair for neck pain can be one of the solutions to all such causes.
Doctors might suggest you go for physiotherapy or medicines sometimes if the inflammation is out of control. However, sometimes keeping yourself away from the potential causes will save you from such a nightmare. Some physiotherapists will suggest the best office chairs for neck pain, which are equipped with an adjustable headrest, a large-sized back, proper recline, and tilt to straighten up your spine and neck muscles. Maintaining the posture with the C-shaped human-oriented design of these chairs will also relieve your pain further and increase your productivity during office hours.
Finding the best office chair for neck pain can be quite a daunting task due to the availability of plenty of choices. Moreover, everyone looks for a distinct comfort level; some are looking for high firmness while others find it comfortable to sit on a chair with a medium or soft firmness level. Here is a guide to the top 10 best office chairs for neck pain, equipped with the features like high-back, adjustable armrests, and neck rest to relieve your pain.
- How to avoid neck pain and backache while working on a desk?
- Our Buyer’s Guide- What to Look for while buying the best office chair for neck pain?
- 10 Best Office Chair for Neck Pain Comparison Chart
- 1. Steelcase Gesture Office Desk Chair
- 2. NOUHAUS Ergo3D
- 3. Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair
- 4. Glitzhome Executive Office Chair
- 5. CLATINA Ergonomic High Swivel Executive Chair
- 6. KILLABEE Big and Tall Gaming Chair
- 7. Lorell Executive High-Back Swivel Chair
- 8. MOOJIRS Ergonomic Office Chair
- 9. La-Z Boy Executive Office Chair
- 10. Herman Miller Aeron Chair
How to avoid neck pain and backache while working on a desk?
Working in an office and sitting still for hours might let you end in pain due to muscle stiffness. Maintaining an inappropriate and incorrect posture is the number one cause of neck pain and backache, and there are ways to reduce it. If you’re using the laptop or desktop computer at your desk, consider buying the best office chair for neck pain to relieve some tension. Here’s what you need in an ergonomic chair setup to avoid pain!
- Get yourself an ergonomic office chair with an adjustable headrest so that you can rest your head after regular intervals.
- Make sure to look for a chair having a large back, especially if you’re tall, to straighten up your spine muscles leading towards the neck area.
- Try to maintain an angle of 90-degrees between your knees and elbows.
Our Buyer’s Guide- What to Look for while buying the best office chair for neck pain?
As mentioned earlier, neck pain can be caused due to plenty of reasons, and bad posture is one of them. No matter if you’re spending hours in the office or you’re a professional gamer pursuing this career in your life, you might need a chair to maintain your best possible posture to avoid any neck pain.
Comfort and Convivence:
No chair can be good until it provides comfort and convenience, even if you’re sitting for hours. This might be the most overlooked thing in this category, but we’ve got you covered with every aspect. For example, if you’re tall and you’re buying an office chair that lets your knees bend all the time, it will let you end up in pain. The same goes for the height of the back, as a shorter person needs a mid-back chair while a high-back chair is required for a tall person.
Soothe your neck muscles in the best possible manner in which you can! Headrest might not be the absolute necessity for some of you until you’re well aware of its benefits. A robust and rugged headrest that can be adjusted to a proper angle is a blessing. Spending hours in the same position will cause stiffness in your neck muscles. Rest your head on the height-adjustable neck rest for some time to soothe the muscles and relieve the neck pain. Moreover, you can also opt for head support!
You must be wondering whether the lumbar support plays a role in relieving your neck pain or not! The answer is Yes! It does. The back pain can run up your body towards the neck region via the spine and vice versa. Thus, the lumbar support with extra cushioning and padding will help you find the best position to sit in and avoid neck pain and backache.
10 Best Office Chair for Neck Pain Comparison Chart
Steelcase Gesture Office Desk Chair
Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair
Glitzhome Executive Office Chair
CLATINA Ergonomic High Swivel Executive Chair
KILLABEE Big and Tall Gaming Chair
Lorell Executive High-Back Swivel Chair
MOOJIRS Ergonomic Office Chair
La-Z Boy Executive Office Chair
Herman Miller Aeron Chair
1. Steelcase Gesture Office Desk Chair
- 1. Gesture Office Chair comes with lumbar support along with the adjustable headrest for a comfortable seating experience.
- 2. It equips the adjustable arms for more synchronized seating than traditional chairs.
- 3. The seat has a recline that can even lead towards the edge giving enough flexibility to support neck and back muscles.
- 4. Quick and easy adjustments are some of the primary features of this Steelcase Gesture chair.
Are you tired of investing in the traditional styled chairs that needed to be changed after every 2-3 years? Worry not as the Steelcase Gesture Office Chair is here with its durable and comfortable features on board. The New Gesture Chair offers an all-new seating experience with a moveable back seat to employ the upright as a well-declined type of seating. Moreover, the back and the seat move uniformly in a synchronized manner to present you with an optimal seating experience.
Next up, we have adjustable arms which are not just designed in a human-oriented manner but allow the users to have extra support. These arms not only move in an ideal way but support your neck and back muscles. What’s noteworthy in this Gesture chair is the flexible back which can go up to the edge for extreme comfort.
Once your arms and shoulders remain straightforwardly, there will be no extra strain in your muscles, and pain will be relieved. Thus, the Gesture was designed in a way to support the people who spend 8-10 hours working in an office. Moreover, Gesture is the epitome of Human Oriented Design as it observes the human body’s movement in detail. Additionally, the synchronized interface and customized support let you sit in any posture you want, even for hours.
A cogent connect Graphite color depicts a classy and modern look that no other brand is offering right now! A 5-leg base and durable wheel casters are the addition to Gesture’s all-new style.
- Flexible parameter
- Adjustable armrests and headrests
- Lumbar support
- Graphite Grey outlook
- Lacks back height adjustment
2. NOUHAUS Ergo3D
- 1. The Breathable ElastoMesh allows for excellent ventilation, eliminating stickiness and sweatiness.
- 2. Support your neck in every position by adjusting the ErgoTilt 2D Headrest.
- 3. With its Open-Cell Foam Cushions, your vertebrae will enjoy the adaptive padding.
- 4. The Super-Lounge Recline keeps your neck and back supported and comfortable amidst a variety of tasks.
If you’re looking for an Office Chair that “goes beyond ergonomic” to fit your lifestyle, the NOUHAUS Ergo3D is easily the safest bet. While this might sound like one of those sales pitch hyperbole, the Ergo3D is undeniably comfortable!
The Ergo3D has a fitted 3-Dimensional Lumbar Support System that hugs your entire back and spine, making it the best office chair for hip pain. The combined features result in reduced pain and compression. In addition to that, the 2D Adjustable Headrest supports the neck irrespective of the position you sit on.
You are not a fan of the mesh chairs that leave grill marks on your back, are you? The Ergo3D offers an abundance of airflow via the ElastoMesh, avoiding sticking and sweating. At the same time, the chair’s softness conforms to your neck and back, adding a bonus of comfortability!
Apart from the long-lasting ergonomics, the Ergo3D allows up to 135° of Super-Lounge Tilt. This would keep you in your comfort zone for days to come. Add into the mix the option to adjust your armrest to your preferred height and direction, and you can now move around without creating any fuss.
It’s no secret that everyone searches for stability and strength in a chair. The Ergo3D provides a 5-Point Base carved out of aluminum to tick all the boxes, making it ideal for heavy-duty performance. On top of that, the smooth and silent blade wheels ensure a comfortable seating experience.
- Breathable Mesh enables optimal airflow
- 4D adjustable armrests for preferred height
- Two sets of wheels – one each for carpets and hard surfaces
- 135° tilt for maximum comfort
- The armrest could do better with more padding
3. Gabrylly Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair
- 1. Adjustable headrest with the ability to swivel and slide up and down
- 2. Offers 1-year warranty
- 3. A mesh back chair allows you to stay cool on hot days.
- 4. With its flip-up armrests, you can adjust the height anytime you want for maximum comfort.
Another office chair with a fabric back and a tall back is also comfortable. Even though the name (“Gabrylly”) seems a little French, the chair is entirely made in China, and there’s nothing problematic with it.
Like a few others on the list, this chair has a beautiful headrest that can be adjusted in 2 components: elevation and inclination. As a result, it looks a lot like the first armchair in this article, which Posturion also markets.
This chair is also rather tall; therefore, it’s perfect for people who are between 5’5′′ and 6’3′′ tall. Unfortunately, it won’t accommodate the larger members of our group since the maker recommends that persons who weigh more than 280 pounds avoid using the chair for their safety.
A nice reclining feature allows you to angle your body between 90 and 120 degrees. If you’d like to unwind and “glide” a tiny bit, this is ideal. Although the lumbar support is not customizable, it has a natural curve that provides outstanding stability to the spine. The seat depth cannot be changed; however, the current configuration is suitable for those standing from 5’5′′ to 6’3′′.
- The comfortable seat will support your back
- Armrests are flappable for saving space
- Easy to assemble
- Maximum comfort for the entire body
- Lack of adjustable Lumbar Support
4. Glitzhome Executive Office Chair
- 1. The chair has a generous amount of padding in the seat with its upholstery PU leather for maximum support.
- 2. One of the eye-catching features is its built-in padded headrest.
- 3. It comes with lumbar support and a fixed armrest that adds to its never-ending stability.
- 4. The camel color has been deemed as one of its many features that attract the audience on a large scale.
Look out for the Glitzhome Executive Office Chair if you’re searching for a chair that isn’t simply comfy on the neck but is also the best office chair for pregnancy. One of the best things about this executive office chair is that it comes from one of the most reputable manufacturers, Glitzhome.
This amply upholstered chair in the mid-century design boasts a classic high back and a built-in padded backrest that looks like a colossal pillow attached to the chair. The headrest’s elevation is ideal for persons standing between 5’0″ and 6’4″. This is one of its main features that allow maximum customization for the user.
The rich PU leather finish and substantial padding, according to many owners, provide an enjoyable seating experience, especially for more significant persons. One 6’2″ user was hugely impressed with the chair’s capacity to facilitate his head even as he leans back, despite his stature. This executive office chair can uphold weight up to 275 lbs., making it secure and safe for more extended use.
These sophisticated adjustable rotating chairs give not just an elegant, professional appearance but also superior assistance for all-day relaxation, whether you’re replying to emails, analyzing reports, or collaborating with coworkers.
- Built-in padded headrest for maximum comfort
- Camel color – a massive attraction for the users
- Easy to assemble
- Soft and cushioned foam to conform against skin
- The chair could do better with adjustable armrests
5. CLATINA Ergonomic High Swivel Executive Chair
- 1. The adjustable seat depth caters to all kinds of body sizes
- 2. A heavy-duty office chair, thanks to the fantastic 500 lbs. weight limit when upright
- 3. With its 3D armrests, you now have the opportunity to adjust the angle and width of the chair
- 4. The 5-year warranty and 90-days money-back guarantee eliminates all confusion before buying
One of our favorite fabric office chairs, the Clatina, provides excellent neck and upper limbs comfort. The mesh headrest, lumbar support, and cushioned armrests are all height customizable to give customized relaxation. In addition, whether you’re gazing directly ahead or upwards, the headrest changes direction to cushion your neck (in a reclined position).
The Clatina Ergonomic Office Chair seems exceptionally solidly made, with metals utilized for both the bottom and framework and a weight capacity of 275 lbs. It adheres to the BIFMA standard, has undergone SGS examination, and has undergone extensive testing to guarantee that it can support the claimed load. A 5-year warranty is included, as well as a 90-day money-back assurance.
This super-comfy office chair has a permeable back that allows air to circulate, keeping your spine cool. Furthermore, the upgraded thick pad with fluffy texture may significantly reduce idle stress. Apart from that, anyone can assemble this executive chair in FIVE quick steps with the help of straightforward guidelines. You’ll be able to alter the chair to meet the specific needs after it’s attached.
- Assemble in 5 quick steps
- A 5-year long warranty
- Tilt from 90 t0 135-degree
- Massive 500 lbs. weight limit
- Quality issues with lumbar support
6. KILLABEE Big and Tall Gaming Chair
- 1. A total of 350 lbs. weight limit that should cater to every size of a person
- 2. Retrace the padded footrest according to your need
- 3. The lockable recline tilts up to 135-degree with rockling and tension control
- 4. 2D armrests with a height-adjustable headrest pillow
- 5. PU leather construction with an unholstered memory foam padding
The Killabee Big and Tall is a gaming chair that, in our tests, provided unexpectedly pleasant lower back and neck assistance. The fact that the armchair has a footstool and can tilt up to 155 degrees – nearly flat – elevates the seating experience to the next level heights.
The headrest’s unobtrusive neck pillow pleased us; it’s curved and proportioned just so to nestle precisely in behind the neck. It may also be manually adjusted 4 inches higher or lower, relying on your height. For something so essential, the outcome is wonderfully focused neck support that truly astonished us.
The Killabee chair’s seat cushion is constructed of dense memory foam, which astonished us in terms of flexibility and comfort that it can potentially provide to its users. On top of that, the gaming chair has total weight support of up to 350 lbs., which upon consideration, is enough to survive for long-term usage.
- Well-built design thanks to PU leather
- It comes with a footrest
- High-security with integrated metal frame
- Implant USB electric massager
- A footrest may be a little hard to pull out initially
7. Lorell Executive High-Back Swivel Chair
- 1. This is the best ergonomic chair on the market at an affordable price too
- 2. Breathable material allows for increased air circulation, eliminating any chance of grill marks on your back and neck
- 3. With its adjustable height and lower back support, you can customize the height according to your needs
- 4. It has adjustable armrests that enable you to sit through long working hours
- 5. 250 lbs. maximum weight capacity
A high-back-office chair with such an ergonomic structure that allows you to sit for long periods without experiencing lower neck and back problems. It does this with its backrest, which is intended to accommodate the spine’s natural curve, ensuring appropriate lateral stability from the head to the waistline.
It has a multipurpose system that allows for separate seat and backrest adjustability, among many other aspects. This allows each user to customize their office chair to their own needs. Still, on the subject of comfort, the armrests may be adjusted in altitude and breadth. There can’t be any shoulder or neck ache with the arms sitting on the cushioned armrests at the proper height and width.
Pneumatic seat height adjustment and tilt pressure control are two more features of this mesh office chair. The 5-star polyamide caster tires, and also the 360-degree swivel capabilities, provide excellent mobility. It is fire resistant and satisfies ANSI/ BIFMA requirements for further safety.
All in all, the Lorell Executive High-Back Swivel Chair is a piece of art designed to provide the best neck support for an office chair. You can sit on the chair and do all kinds of chores without having to worry about neck and back pain.
- Wide and spacious armrests
- Ideal for tall men and women
- Smooth caster wheels and stable wheelbase
- A thick cushion that allows long day working
- Armrests can be a little wobbly
8. MOOJIRS Ergonomic Office Chair
- 1. Aluminum alloy construction for maximum durability
- 2. 4D armrest adjustment to relieve the shoulder pain
- 3. Adjustable neck support to eliminate the shoulder and neck pain
- 4. Automatic backrest adjustment along with complete lumbar support
This task chair by MOOJIRS is the one you should look at closely if you’re searching for the best office chair for shoulder pain, which can give the maximum degree of seating experience and adaptability while having the means to modify every piece to your liking or needs.
The MOOJIRS’ innovative design adapts instantly to your body’s features such as mass, spontaneous micromovements when sitting, and, of course, your position! If you keep all of them in control, you’ll have whole added protection in the critical areas of your neck, shoulders, and lower back. Bid farewell to shoulder discomfort!
The armchair has a substantial feel to it in terms of quality. The 4D Mesh back is lightweight and comfortable, which is ideal for people who sweat a lot. The chair’s endurance is guaranteed by tests conducted by three well-known quality control organizations (SGS, TUV, AND BIFMA).
Every specific item of the chair may be changed here, including the armrests, headrest, seat depth, tilt tension, and, of course, seat height and angle.
- A perfect fit for your back and neck
- Adjust the spine support to eliminate discomfort and pain
- Material and quality build enhances the durability
- Easy to assemble
- Too pricy according to some users
9. La-Z Boy Executive Office Chair
- 1. It has a reinforced back and castor wheels that are ideal for heavy-duty wheels
- 2. With its waterfall edge, the chair will improve the blood circulation from legs to feet
- 3. Great lumbar support and neck support
- 4. Premium and stylish wood finishing for the executive office chair
- 5. A decent amount of 5 levels of memory foam that provides maximum support and comfort for the body parts
Next up on our list of the best ergonomic chairs is this executive chair by La Z Boy, which can easily be utilized as a comfy armchair or a desk chair and performs admirably in both situations. Three features set it apart from conventional office chairs.
First and foremost, this ergonomic chair is attractive. When you look at it, you immediately think of an executive office. Secondly, it is designed to be comfortable, and third, it delivers enough lumbar support, which is beneficial in reducing neck, lower back, and shoulders discomfort. So, yes, it offers a plethora of ergonomic characteristics that you will like.
Unlike a conventional mesh chair, this leatherette seat will surround your body, allowing you to chill out and enjoy your seating experience. This office chair has soft cushioning on the seat cushion and upper back for maximum lower back, upper neck, and shoulder support. Is it, however, enough just to say goodbye to shoulders and back pain?
- Excellent and sturdy design for prolonged use
- Ideal for executive and office environment
- Memory foam adds a lot of comfort for long hour usage
- Cushion padding – a joy for any seater
- Armrests tend to loosen up a bit with time
10. Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- 1. Separate headrest for both neck and head support
- 2. Intuitive chair that is highly adjustable with a comfortable seating
- 3. A massive 12-year warranty
- 4. For comfortable work, the chair offers a tilt lock mechanism
- 5. Adjustable lumbar support for added customization
If you’re searching for the best office chair for neck pain, Herman Miller’s Aeron is the chair to consider! Almost every component of this ergonomic office chair is designed to survive while also ensuring your time in it as pleasant as feasible – soft and adjustable armrests reduce muscular strain in the neck, upper back, and shoulder.
The flexible Pellicle mesh-like fabric, which has been trademarked, retains the human body in a way that ensures pleasant seating (it acts as lumbar support too). It relieves stress spots and allows for better breathing. This office chair does not come with a headrest by design, but you may purchase one individually.
It includes many ergonomic elements that will allow you to sit in the most favorable spot possible. Your entire body, including your neck, spine, and shoulders, will reward you for investing the money. If there is still one ergonomic office chair for a neck that exists in its realm, it’s the Herman Miller Aeron Chair.
- The idea for long hours and heavy-duty use
- Stylish design with a top-tier ergonomic blend
- Perfect for back and neck comfort
- Solid support with a ton of adjustable features
- Mesh isn’t ideal for every user
If you spend most of your time at a computer, you should purchase an excellent ergonomic chair. The best office chair for neck pain is designed to relieve the user from the potential pain and discomfort the body accumulates after working for long hours.
In this article, we reviewed several options to have a great variety of adoptions to choose from. We ensure that the above-chosen products comprise the highest-quality management. The products are chosen from the most reputable manufacturers around the globe. Grab one to relieve yourself from the pain and misery!